Friday, October 30, 2009

Don't You Just Love It?

Don't you just love it when you get a package in the mail?  Mine arrived yesterday from California Quilting Center.  When I tore the easy-open strip, the box puffed out a little....don't you just love it? It was stuffed so full that it needed to breathe a bit when the pressure was released.  



She even sent one of their pretty pink bags!  This shop has some great mixed sets of fat quarters and has some great deals on yardage and remnants.  I have some big plans for this fabric...some Little Bo Peep Skirts from Anna Maria Horner's Seams To Me for my nieces, (one in orange tones, and another in green tones) perhaps a bag or two and quilts, quilts, quilts.  

I also finally finished my block for Zonnah for the Snip.Sew.Send. virtual quilting bee.  She requested a theme of curves and circles and I was terrified to attempt it, which is why it is so tardy.  I hunkered down for a few hours and found this tutorial and template that I shrunk 50% and used for this block.  It turned out alright, although I need a bit more practice to eliminate those puckers.  

While posting this to the bee's blog, I realized that November is my month to send out fabric..yowza...good thing I just go that great package in the mail...don't you just love it??


~Gretchen





0 comments:

Post a Comment