Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm on my long-awaited Spring Break from school.  I used to work at an office job, so I greatly appreciate the long breaks that I get by being a teacher.  The break is giving me some time to work on a few projects that I've put off for too long.

I finally finished and sent out my block for Corey of Sew New to Me Quilting Bee.  She asked for half square triangles made with lovely shades of green, blue and grey.


I'm spending part of my spring break in Salt Lake City to visit my brother, sister-in-law and their three awesome kids.  My parents are also flying in from New Jersey.  I've been needing a case for my iPod Touch, so the upcoming plane ride was a great impetus.  I had tried to make one once before but my lack of measuring gave me something too small.  This one is much better and now I can actually carry my iPod around in my bag without it getting scratched.

 



I wish I had made a small pocket on the back for earphones, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I made a quilt for my parents for this past Christmas.  I had forgotten to take pictures of it (since I was still finishing the binding on the plane ride to Jersey) but it turns out that my mom and dad can create a fabulous photo shoot for a colorful batik quilt.

  

1 comments:

Angela said...

I love your sweet little ipod case! I have this on my to do list...hope mine turns out as cute as yours!

Post a Comment